There's an often-overlooked soft plastic lure that is highly versatile, catches lots of fish, and makes a great search bait. It's called a swim worm, like the Netbait Big Bopper Paddle Tail Worm, and it's easy to rig and can be fished 3 different ways to cover the entire water column. Join JT Kenney on the water in Florida as he talks shares tips on tackle, rigging and fishing for this multi-purpose soft plastic bait.
- 0:19 The swim worm (aka speed worm) - a great search tool and effective fish catchers
- 0:49 What is a swim worm, how does it differ from a regular Texas rig, and what's so great about it?
- 5:41 3 Bass-catching ways to fish a swim worm
- 7:47 Secret to rigging a swim worm properly
- 11:00 When and how JT Kenney usually fishes a swim worm
- 13:12 Tackle & components for swim worming
- 16:31 On the water swim worm fishing demonstration of 3 different retrieves by JT Kenney
- 19:46 Picking apart a grass bed and finding grassier and more open areas
- 20:33 Setting the hook and catching a bass on a swim worm