Bass fishing tournament angler Kurt Dove is on the water to talk about the highly versatile technique of Texas rig soft plastic fishing. Texas rigging is a rigging techtnique that can be used for pitching, flipping, punching, dock fishing & open water casting and so many other applications. In this 18-minute bass fishing instructional video, Kurt will answer the following questions about the Texas rig.
- What is the Texas rig and what tackle components do I use?
- What lures or baits am I going to use when Texas rigging?
- How do I pair my bait with the correct type of hook?
- Why might someone use a straight-shank hook, like the Hayabusa FPP Straight Worm Hooks?
- What's the most important part to remember when rigging the Texas rig?
- What is texposed or "skin hooking"?
- What is an EWG hook, and when would I use it?
Mr. Dove also talks about his rod, reel and line setup for Texas rig fishing, including: somewhere aroun a 7:1 gear ratio casting reel, fluorocarbon fishing line, medium heavy rod & more! Kurt explains why he prefers a faster reel and why you should leave 5.3:1 gear ratio reels in the locker when fishing the Texas rig, what to do with your line when facing a clear water scenario and why a medium heavy rod is important when Texas rig fishing for bass.