Major League Fishing Bass Pro Tour tournament angler Jason Christie was in Oklahoma in 2016 to present a bass fishing educational seminar on a funky period of bass fishing, the post spawn. The spawning process is tough on bass, and that season often increases fishing pressure as well. There are several factors that can put fish in a questionable mood during this period. In this instructional bass fishing video, Jason Christie will: break down all the reasons for post spawn funk, offer suggestions for getting bites when the fish are in this mood and places to looks for bass during the post spawn.
- 0:42 Understanding the post spawn phase
- 2:10 Signs that the spawn is over and we're in the post spawn phase
- 5:27 Reasons why bass get into a post spawn funk, which can makes bass fishing tough
- 7:33 Baits, techniques and adjustments to make for fishing post spawn
- 16:58 Is it the post spawn funk, or is it a folk tale? What's really happening after the spawn?
- 25:20 Be conscious of the first wave of spawning fish and adjust accordingly
- 33:03 Where are bass going to go after the spawn and how do I catch them?
- 35:30 How electronics is changing the way we fish