While some top-level bass fishing tournament trails have outlawed the umbrella rig, and some states have a limit of the number of baits that can have hooks, the umbrella rig (aka Alabama rig) is a great way to catch numbers of fish and trigger bites from big bass. The rig also gets a bad rap for it's lack of technique. Many anglers think you just throw it out and real it in, Mark Zona is here to put that falsehood to rest.
- 1:34 Where is a good place to fish an umbrella rig? Should I fish an Alabama rig in my lake?
- 2:18 How to rig an umbrella rig (jig size heads, blades, hooks, reel, line and more)
- Tips for fishing the umbrella rig
- 8:34 The reason Mark Zona loves fishing umbrella rigs : getting doubles and triples
- 10:03 On-the-water fishing demonstration of the umbrella rig