When the Alabama rig (or umbrella rig) first came out, you needed special equipment to bomb out that big chandelier, adorned with 5-6" swimbaits. Over the years, bass have become accustomed to seeing this multi-bait rig, and time has proven that the Alabama rig is not a "one-size-fits-all" chunk and wind lure. In this on the water bass fishing class, Bryan Thrift will talk about downsizing your Alabama rig for a finesse fishing presentation. In some cases, depending on water clarity and weather conditions, you may want to drop the blades, or make other adjustments to your rig. Thrift talks about the places he likes to fish this smaller version of the rig, as well as the baits and jigheads he likes to use. Learn what tackle is best for fishing this finesse rig, and the great news is, it's not specialized, you may already have the rod, reel & line you need. Lastly, Thrift goes out on the water to demonstrate how to fish an umbrella rig.
- 0:17 Bombing a big Alabama rig is tiring
- 2:14 Tackle for fishing a finesse umbrella rig
- 6:19 Areas to concentrate on fishing a finesse Alabama rig and how Bryan Thrift fishes this smaller rig
- 9:05 Trick for modifying an Umbrella rig to make it virtually weedless to fish over grass or brush
- 13:08 Bryan Thrift demonstrates fishing an Alabama rig and when he uses blades and when he doesn't
- 14:23 Fishing a point with some rock and brush with an umbrella rig