Bassmaster angler of the year Brandon Palaniuk joined The Bass University in Lawrenceburg, IN to teach a class he called "Drop Shot 101". Brandon estimates that he's won about $300,000 in fishing a drop shot rig in bass fishing tournaments. In this class, you will learn:
- What is a drop shot rig? What you will need (weights, hooks, baits, etc.) to fish it?
- How do you fish a drop shot rig? Are there different ways to fish this rig?
- What tackle is best for fishing a dropshot? What rods, reels and line should I use?
- What are the best baits to fish? Baits like Zoom Z3 Swamp Crawler
- Where are good locations for finesse fishing with a dropshot rig through different seasons?
- How should you fish the bait for bass during various seasons and conditions? What locations should you fish and what presentations should you use?
- Brandon Palaniuk answers student questions about bass fishing with a drop shot rig
Skip to the part of this dropshot seminar that you're most interested in:
- 1:00 Dropshot 101
- 2:25 Why the drop-shot?
- 3:40 What is a drop-shot?
- 6:25 Drop-shot techniques
- 12:25 Tackle selection (1) rod, reel, and line
- 24:45 Tackle selection (2) baits
- 27:30 How to tie the drop-shot
- 38:50 Tackle selection (3) weights and hooks
- 43:00 Seasonal presentation