Buy Bass Fishing Class Tackle
One of Bassmaster Elite Series tournament angler Brandon Cobb's favorite ways to catch bass in the winter is cold water cranking. It's one of the few ways you can fish without slowing your presentation down to a crawl when the water gets cold. In this on the water bass fishing class, Brandon Cobb breaks down the tackle he uses for cranking in the winter, highlights some areas where bass might be sitting on his Lowrance HDS 12 electronics & GPS mapping, and demonstrates how to catch bass off some rocky banks and points.
- 0:20 One of Brandon Cobb's favorite ways to catch bass in the cold waters of winter
- 0:44 Where shallow water winter crankbait fishing can be good
- 1:03 Equipment for fishing crankbaits in shallow water during the winter season (including Brandon Cobb's favorite cold water crankbait colors)
- 6:51 Using your electronics and GPS mapping card to locate a good place for bass fishing with crankbaits in the cold months and establishing a pattern
- 10:45 How to approach shallow banks and points with a crankbait
- 14:33 Crankbait retrieve in colder weather
- 15:21 Landing a bass on small crankbaits with small treble hooks
- 17:35 The 45 degree approach to winter cranking
- 18:19 Any additional action when fishing a crankbait in the winter?
- 20:39 What water clearity do you want to crank in the winter?