Bass University co-founder and BASS tournament champion, Mike "Ike" Iaconelli is on the water to talk about casting spoons, like the Johnson Silver Minnow Spoon. When conditions are tough or the baitfish are small, the casting spoon can be dynamite. In this 18-minute video, Mike covers the shares the following casthing spoon information.
- What seasons should I throw this bait?
- What are the different shapes of casting spoons, and how do they fish differently?
- What trailers should I use on spoons in different seasons?
Mike also demonstrates fishing a casting spoon, the retrieve and a little trick to make your spoon nearly weedless.
Casting Spoon Topics
- 1:05 What is a casting spoon?
- 1:50 When to throw a casting spoon?
- 4:15 How are they shaped?
- 4:40 Conditions for fishing a casting spoon
- 5:40 Trailers
- 8:30 Casting spoon modifications
- 9:35 Casting spoon tackle
- 10:35 The cast & normal retrieve
- 11:20 Using pauses
- 13:20 Versatility depth
- 15:45 How does a spoon react?