FLW bass fishing pro and Bassmaster Open angler JT Kenney begins the seminar by addressing a student's question about tannic water. JT fishes a lot of this water in Florida and shares with you his experience concerning color and bait selection for this blackish clear water, which is caused by tannins from vegetation decay. He even shares his favorite color of his secret tournament-winning tannic water spinnerbait.
JT Kenney continues to his main topic, catching fish in the grass on swimbaits. He answers the following questions that many anglers have about fishing swimbaits in vegetation:
- What are the different types of swimbaits, and which ones should I be fishing in different water depths?
- What are the different ways to fish these baits?
- Why am I not catching fish that are following my swimbaits?
- What hook should I be using to fish the different types of baits through the thicker vegetation?
- How important is it that my bait tracks straight back to the boat?
- In relation to the grass edge, where should I be fishing this bait?
- How do I use swimbait to locate bass?
JT recommends trying the following swimbaits:
- Gambler Big EZ
- Basstrix Paddle Tail Swimbait