We're not sure if it's a "punchshot" or a "punch shot", but it's sometimes called a "Jika Rig", and it catches bass! Mike Iaconelli shares what he learned about this hot technique from his recent fishing trip to Japan with Morizo Shimizu. In this 23-minute bass fishing instructional video, Bassmaster Elite Series professional angler Mike "Ike" Iaconelli will cover the following points about punchshotting:
- What is punchshotting?
- Rigging the punchshot with or without a leader (the traditional jika rig) and what pieces of tackle and tools you will need to set it up
- Where do you fish this rig?
- Mike's favorite soft plastics to fish on a punchshot rig
- Rods, reels and line for this hot bass fishing technique
- Selecting targets for the punchshot
- Lure presentation
- Tips for getting through heavy cover
- Getting a good hookset in the cover