Recent Central Open winner and Bassmaster Classic qualifier Cliff Crochet talks about an important aspect of catching bass, the hookset. Cliff will talk about executing proper hooksets while answering the following questions:
- What equipment (rod) should I be using to get a good hookset?
- Where should my rod be positioned to be prepared to set the hook on fish?
- What is the proper body position?
- What factors cause me to miss a hookset?
- How do selecting targets and boat positioning effect my success with getting fish hooked?
- What about when bass are swimming toward you or away from you?
- How do I get the hook set well using different baits and lures?