It’s impossible to learn every technique in one year. While versatility in bass fishing is an important trait, many anglers often rely on only a few different baits and techniques to catch fish.
"A lot of people don't know their tools as well as they should,” said John Crew. “What I mean by that is the bait that they're fishing, they really don't know them that well. They don’t know what they’re supposed to be used for. They don’t know what they can do, and what they can’t do.”
For many anglers, learning how to find more fish is one of the most important skills to master, but it’s important not to let learning about your baits go ignored.
In this seminar, Crews focuses on two specific baits that anglers should add to their arsenal: small creature baits and square bill crankbaits. Crews highlights the Missile Craw and just how many different ways the compact creature bait can be fished. Creature baits are useful as jig trailers, flipping and pitching baits, and – as Crews demonstrates – they can also be useful for shaky heads.
The other bait Crews shines a light on is the Spro Fat John, squarebill crankbait. Squarebill crankbaits are effective all year long, and be used to imitate both crawfish and a variety of baitfish.
By learning about these two techniques, you should be able to add a few more tricks to your arsenal to help you catch more bass.
Primary Topics in This Bass Fishing Class Video Seminar
- 2:00 Fishing Small Creature Baits
- 7:55 Finding The Right Gear For Flipping And Pitching
- 16:30 Should You Use Floating Plastics Or Not?
- 18:45 When To Fish Small Creature Baits
- 25:40 How To Pick The Right Color Soft Plastic
- 28:00 Fishing Squarebill Crankbaits
- 33:15 When To Use Different Style Treble Hooks
- 37:45 Key Components Of A Good Squarebill Crankbaits
- 46:00 When To Vary Your Crankbait Retrieve
- 47:20 Importance Of Knowing Your Crankbaits