JT Kenney is a four-time FLW/MLF winner. Kenney began his career in the Bass Fishing League and has fished his way up to the Tour. His first victory with FLW was in 2002 when he won at Lake Okeechobee. In this Bass University on the water class, JT Kenney is down in the Southeast US to share some of the things he's learned about how to fish a spinnerbaits, particularly in tannic water. Tannic water is tea-colored water that is the result of leaves and other vegetation decaying. Chartreuse and white with a silver and gold blade is, without a doubt the most popular color combination of any tackle store across the country, but when you're fishing tannic water, it may not be the best color spinnerbait to throw. In this on-the-water class, JT Kenney talks about the color that won him over 1/4 of a million dollars in tournament checks. JT also talks about the equipment he uses for throwing his Nichols Pulsator Spinnerbait. Join Bass University and JT Kenney in this spinnerbait class that will lead you to more success in your fishing journeys.
JT Kenney goes on to explain customizing the spinnerbait for retrieve speed, lift and desired depth. Finally, JT goes on to share how de discovered that this color was good for fishing tannic water, and why he believes it works.
JT Kenney Tannic Water Spinnerbait Chapters
What's In This Tannic Water Bass Fishing Class?
- Learn what line type (mono, flurocarbon or braid) that JT uses to fish a spinnerbait as well as his preferred pound test
- What type of rod and what length rod he uses and his considerations for rod selection (casting distance, controlling the fish, casting open water or targets)
- Fishing reel gear ratio for spinnerbait fishing and what he generally considers to be too fast
- What is tannic water?
- What's are the colors of Spinnerbaits particularly Nichols Pulsator Spinnerbaits that JT feels catches fish well in this color water?
- JT Magnum Weedless Ned Rig Jig Head - a great follow-up bait when they miss your spinnerbait (or other bait)
- How to fish a spinnerbait around the grass
- Why you may be missing the "slack bite" when fishing a spinnerbait for bass
- How to identify the key areas to catch bass in large grass expanses (square miles of grass)
Related Bass Fishing Topicscolors jt kenney on the water spinnerbaits water clarity
Buy Bass Fishing Class Tackle
Disclaimer: When you purchase products from TackleDirect using tackle links on this site, we may receive commission.