NO PREVIEW AVAILABLE
This video does not have a preview
Jamie Hartman is back with The Bass University to talk about fishing finesse jigs. A finesse jig is a very versatile bait that catches a lot of fish. Whether it's a smallmouth, largemouth or spotted bass, they will all bite a finesse jig. If you're looking for a great alternative to fish at times you might normally fish a shaky head, you'll want to try fishing a finesse jig. In this Bass University training class, filmed in Lawrenceburg, Indiana, Jamie Hartman covers:
- 2:15 Selecting a jig - Jamie Hartman recommends the Riot Baits Minima Jig and Riot Baits Lil' Creeper Jig
- 4:15 Preparing your jig for fishing. Jamie Hartman never fishes a finesse jig the way that it comes out of the package. Learn his tips for customizing your bait for maximum fish-catching potential
- 7:00 Where to fish this lure - rock bottoms, brush piles are good place. Watch the full class video to learn other places to fish this lure
- 9:35 Rod, reel & line recommendations for fishing a compact jig. You'll probably be surprised by Jamie Hartman's line recommendation for fishing these small profile jigs
- 10:45 What makes a jig a finesse jig?
- 12:10 What kind of jig head?
- 13:00 Color recommendations - Jamie Hartman has 1 favorite color across the country for any conditions, unless the water is really, really dirty
- 17:45 Jig trailer recommendations - learn what seasons you want more action, learn the best trailer setup for skipping the bait, chunk vs grub vs craw trailers and more!
- 22:00 How to fish - A finesse jig is great for casting ang dragging. Watch the full class video to learn other ways to fish this versatile bait
Jamie Hartman goes on to answer a lot of student questions about hair jigs, hook sets, ledge fishing and more.
If you want to learn more about jig fishing for bass, check out Fishing the Right Bass Jig & Where, When & How to Fish Different Jigs. If you want to see more bass fishing class videos from Jamie Hartman, check out Offshore Structure Fishing & Sonar Electronics & Dropshot Fishing for Largemouth & Smallmouth Bass.