Gerald Swindle is one of our top instructors at The Bass University. His combination of fishing knowledge and wit make for an enjoyable learning experience. Gerald Swindle loves to fish a jig, particularly a ball head jig, but there are other great ways to catch bass. In this video, G-man is here to share why the Tokyo Rig has earned a spot on the front deck of his boat, and he wants to teach you how to fish the Tokyo Rig, particularly in deeper water.
- 0:21 What is the Tokyo Rig? What are the components? Can I buy them already assembled?
- 1:12 Tackle (rod, reel & line) for fishing a Tokyo Rig
- 1:46 Catching a bass on the Tokyo Rig
- 2:25 Swindle talks about bait and weight adjustments
- 7:25 Gerald sets the hook on a big bass with the Tokyo Rig
- 10:00 The great thing about hooksets when fishing the Tokyo Rig
- 10:29 How to fish the Tokyo Rig