Main Swim Jig Fishing Topics
- 1:20 Swim jig fishing equipment recommendations from Mark Davis
- 4:15 Swim jig types
- 15:20 Shad spawn and why it's important for swim jig fishing
- 23:35 Fishing swim jigs deep
- 26:50 Swim jig fishing speed
Bassmaster Classic champion Mark Davis joins The Bass University for the first time to talk about swim jigs. As Mark points out, the chatterbait somewhat displaced the spinnerbait and, perhaps, a more refined version of the chatterbait is the swim jig.
Swim Jig Fishing Equipment
Fishing for bass with a swim jig is certainly not a light line and finesse equipment affair. Mark Davis suggests heavy casting rods & reels and strong line.
- Lew's Team Custom Pro Mark Rose Ledge Casting Rods - find out the recommended size in the video
- Lew's Team Lite Speed Spool Casting Reel
- Seaguar InvizX Fluorocarbon Line - find out Mark's favorite fluorocarbon line size for swim jig fishing
- Seaguar Smackdown Braided Line Green - find out Mark's favorite braided line size for swim jig fishing
Swim Jig Secrets
Mark Davis brings loads of secrets for catching bass on a swim jig. Learn what characteristics he likes in a swim jig, his favorite trailer, great tips for weedless jig fishing and more. You'll also learn what time of year Mark Davis thinks about when he thinks about a swim jig. Use this information to know when and where to catch some big bass on a white or white & chartreuse swim jig. Also learn some different ways to fish a swim jig that you may not have thought to try before (or you haven't have the confidence to try).