Brian Latimer is back on Lake Hartwell to show you how to catch prespawn spotted bass with a crankbait. Hartwell has a mix of bass, this video will focus on locating and targeting spotted bass while cranking before the spawn.
- 0:25 Targeting spotted bass with a crankbait
- 0:49 Equipment for catching better and bigger spotted bass while cranking
- 5:08 When and where to fish a crankbait for big spotted bass
- 7:25 How to fish a crankbait for spotted bass
- 8:20 The anatomy of the spotted bass and why they differ from their larger-mouthed cousins
- 9:51 How spotted bass position and areas to target
- 11:21 Prespawn season for spotted bass
- 14:45 Importance of contacting the bottom and deflection when fishing a crankbait for spotted bass
- 17:00 Important note about electronics and cranking for spotted bass
- 19:31 Cranking clear water for spotted bass
- 22:04 Crankbait color selection for spotted bass fishing
- 22:40 Additional equipment/tackle considerations
Related Bass Fishing Topics360 scan brian latimer crankbaits spotted bass
Disclaimer: When you purchase products from TackleDirect using tackle links on this site, we may receive commission.