Miles Burghoff (aka "Sonar"), a 2019 FLW Tour pro and Bass University alumni, joins Pete Gluszek and Pat Renwick. Miles, as of April 29th, 2019, is leading the FLW Tour points race, having finished in the top 50 in all 5 events, to-date. One thing Miles is known for is fishing electronics, and he likes to utilize the strengths of each manufacturer's product, so he runs all three major brands: Humminbird, Lowrance and Garmin on his boat.
- 5:55 What electronics are you using on your boat? What features does each manufacturer offer?
- 11:57 Making sense of the information and making sure you're using your electronics to correctly identify bass.
- 15:15 Tip for learning to identify the body language of bass and how they look on your sonar unit.
- 16:35 What's the real application of panoptix, since the view changes when the trolling motor moves?
- 18:18 Breakdown of sonar technology, how it works and understanding what the sonar beam and frequencies are all about (2d "cone" sonar frequencies, side imaging, forward-looking sonar).
- 24:49 High speed transducer mounting
- 27:14 Side imaging transducer mounting
- 28:59 Identifying fish with your boat on plane