In this bass fishing instructional video seminar, Major League Fishing professional bass tournament angler Mark Daniels Jr. joins The Bass University in Tulsa, OK to talk about fine-tuned finesse bass fishing. MDJ got introduced to finesse fishing when he started getting his butt kicked only using power fishing techniques his first year on tour. Mark knew that he needed to be a more versatile angler and committed to learning how to catch more bass on the "sissy stick" or "fairy wand", which is what some hardcore power fishermen call spinning tackle.
- 0:06 How Mark Daniels Jr. got started finesse fishing for bass
- 2:57 Introduction to finesse bass fishing techniques
- 10:54 Equipment/tackle you need to fish finesse techniques (rods, reels, etc)
- 12:43 Finesse fishing line (braid, fluorocarbon and mono)
- 17:22 Fluorocarbon leader and knot
- 20:06 Mark Daniels Jr.'s favorite finesse fishing soft plastic baits for bass fishing
- 25:41 When do you finesse fish for bass?
- 29:27 Question & answer about finesse fishing, leaders, Z-man soft plastics, dropshotting and more