Jeff Gustafson (aka Gussy) is a Bassmaster Elite Series tournament with a couple of unique characteristics: he fishes from a Lund aluminum bass boat and he's from Ontario, Canada. Jeff fished in the Bassmaster Classic back in March on Lake Guntersville, and recently finished 12th at the St. Lawrence River where a fellow Canadian angler became the first Canadian angler to win an Elite Series tournament. Back at the Classic, Jeff sat down with The Bass University's Pete Gluszek and Pat Renwick to talk about fishing hair jigs, more specifically marabou jigs.
- 1:05 Jeff talks about his 2020 Bassmaster Classic tournament experience
- 2:23 The Johnston brothers fishing arrangement and cabin mates on tour
- 6:44 Hair jigs, like tiny marabou jigs
- 8:27 How to fish a marabou jig and the equipment you need
- 12:35 Why marabou, why not some other hair?
- 15:03 Secret tip for getting better presentation and more casting distance from a marabou jig
- 19:15 How do you use such a small hook and not lose fish?
- 20:56 The 2020 Bassmaster Elite Series season