Bassmaster Classic champion Hank Cherry loves fishing a jerkbait. His favorite season for fishing one might surprise you. Like many anglers, he certainly sees the fish-catching power of the jerkbait in the late Winter and early Spring months, but for Hank, there's a better time of year and a more action-packed way to fish a jerkbait for bass. Watch this 40-minute bass fishing class seminar video and hear Hank talk about the tackle he uses to fish a jerkbait, a brief preview of the new Berkley Stunna jerkbait that is scheduled for release Summer 2021, and Hanks top 3 ways to fish a jerkbait.
Ready to get started fishing jerkbaits? Head over to Tackle Warehouse and buy Hank Cherry's jerkbait fishing tackle.
- 0:20 Jerkbait fishing is Hank Cherry's passion
- 0:41 Hank Cherry's jerkbait bass fishing setup
- 5:43 Deep diving vs shallow water jerkbaits
- 8:14 Where to fish a jerkbait
- 17:32 Different ways to fish a jerkbait
- 28:20 Treble hooks for jerkbaits
- 29:56 How high in the water column should your jerkbait run?
- 31:17 Best color for off-color water and when is the water too dirty for a jerkbait?
- 33:47 Cadence and retrieve for dirtier water
- 34:56 Hank Cherry's modifications to jerkabits
- 38:30 Best weather conditions for fishing a jerkbait
- 39:42 Getting better at making jerkbait contact without losing baits