BassU via a Roku Channel?

CGerm - graduate

Jason, I really appreciate the response. I feel that it is a very honest answer about a very complex and expensive situation. I sympathize at the dilemma faced by BassU. Again, I really love the fact that it exists in the first place, and as of now, I am a happy subscriber. I am hopeful that the feedback is taken to heart and shared as far up the ladder as needed. I strongly feel that the ability to view BassU's wonderful content easily, on a TV screen is what is needed to take subscriber satisfaction to the next level. Thank you again, for the reply/update.

January 8, 2020 10:09:53 AM
Jason Admin - admin

Michael, has found the way to cast the desktop and watch full screen videos using a Windows machine and a Roku, here are the directions https://bassu.tv/bass-fishing-discussion/topic/295

March 20, 2020 05:03:48 PM
Perryc711 - junior

I personally don't care which platform you use I'll buy what ever it takes to watch on a TV
But it's to hard to watch on websites on tv and phone is too small
As of now I'm not getting full use of my prescription
To make it worth keeping
Even though I enjoy it and want to keep it

April 2, 2020 03:09:10 PM
Jc4542 - freshman

I watch BassU on my Amazon Firestick.

April 4, 2020 02:13:07 AM
Jc4542 - freshman

I watch BassU on my Amazon Firestick.

April 4, 2020 02:25:50 AM
John Jones - junior

I use screen mirror on iPad to watch on vizio tv

April 14, 2020 01:20:16 PM
Jason Admin - admin

You guys with a Roku may want to check this out. It's a tip another user sent us about getting full screen videos to a TV from a windows computer.
https://bassu.tv/bass-fishing-discussion/topic/295

July 20, 2020 03:54:20 PM
ChampionDon - graduate

Need an app so we can watch while in the garage while working on tackle...

January 3, 2021 07:40:09 PM
JB Rose - doctor

I watch on TV via the internet browser on a FireStick. Works perfectly. I believe you can get a browser via ChromeCast, Roku and others as well. If you've got a smart TV, then you've already got access to a browser.

February 16, 2021 05:14:36 PM

I agree that being able to watch on a TV would be an absolute game changer. What about leveraging YouTube. I don't know much about it, but I think there is a way to offer exclusive content to paid subscribers through YouTube. You may be able to set that up on your existing YouTube channel and then allow BassU subscribers to see the full videos there. I think all of the streaming devices already have a YouTube app.

March 25, 2021 12:46:21 PM
Jason Admin - admin

Unfortunately, all the services want to "own" or "manage" the subscriptions. As a result, subscribing on YouTube would mean that YouTube is the only platform on which you could watch the content. We want our subscribers to be able to pay us directly (keeping subscriber's cost lower by not paying 30% to these services), then be able to login to any platform we support. Currently you can watch content through our website or one of our mobile apps. Some devices will allow you to "cast" or "screen mirror" or "project" onto a compatible TV or Roku/Chromecast device. There are tutorials online for doing this with various phones/laptops and televisions/devices. I hope this helps.

March 25, 2021 05:39:14 PM
RC - sophomore

the only reason i have motv is to watch mfl.....but it is a great thing to have on in the shop. thanks for all you guys do. roku would be stellar.

June 30, 2021 10:13:39 AM
Jeff Worley - sophomore

I like to download videos, to watch and listen, for when I'm traveling in my truck. If I could download these videos and save them on a flash drive, then I could watch anytime I wanted. Also I can't stream just play mp4's in the truck.

May 6, 2022 10:35:48 PM
registered guest - sophomore

Agreed, I would also love a Bass University Roku channel!

December 16, 2022 09:35:14 AM
Mel - senior

Same issue / request as everyone else .... when will we be able to watch BassUTV on a actual TV screen. I use Apple TV as my streaming method. Watching your teaser videos thru YouTube is very frustrating.

March 11, 2023 12:07:20 PM
Jason Admin - admin

Jc4542 can you tell us more about how you watch on the firestick? Are you doing this with a mobile device, laptop or somehow natively with the device?

March 24, 2023 04:46:32 PM

Bass University Annual Membership Sale