BassU via a Roku Channel?

Brian Postma - doctor

I would love to have a BassU Roku channel!!! Think it would also provide some good exposure too!

thanks
bp

January 2, 2019 02:52:52 PM
Jason Admin - admin

Thanks for your feedback, Brian. We are always looking for new platforms and we will discuss this in our upcoming technology planning meetings.

January 5, 2019 01:16:36 PM
Adam L. - graduate

I second that. Watching on a roku TV in the garage from the boat would be amazing.

January 10, 2019 01:16:51 AM
219Fishin' - doctor

Would love to have that channel too. Nicer to view on a larger screen or in shop prepping tackle.

January 11, 2019 01:19:22 PM
Justin R - graduate

Roku channel would be awesome!

May 4, 2019 06:40:30 PM
Nick251 - doctor

Definitely agree! That would be awesome to watch while prepping tackle. The convenience factor of having it on the tv would be a game changer.

May 22, 2019 03:20:37 AM
BamaKayakFishin - sophomore

I agree 1000%. I would also like to see the cast button like most other streaming services have. I would watch more if i could view it on a bigger tv.

May 29, 2019 06:36:43 AM
Jason Admin - admin

I'll have to check, but I thought my Android phone with Chrome browser would let me cast the browser window to my TV. I'll check this out when I'm able.

May 29, 2019 11:04:59 AM
Justin R - graduate

Casting works on laptops with any browser through the roku casting app. That is how i do it but if you want to cast through your phone, there is no casting feature.

May 29, 2019 11:07:47 AM
Jason Admin - admin

I have tested and confirmed your statement. I was mistaken, I do not have a Chromecast option out of the Chrome browser when using the Android phone, you do need a laptop.

May 29, 2019 11:22:46 AM
Jim Shipp - graduate

Chrome cast has a mirror screen feature.you can cast that to your tv.

June 21, 2019 11:48:44 PM
Bassmedic46 - graduate

Roku or I phone channel would be great. I don’t have a laptop. I would like to have a bigger screen to watch.

August 1, 2019 12:03:44 AM
Bite Me! - doctor

I like my Bass U . But if a Roku channel is not added soon then I won't renew. Tired of watching on laptop and phone. You can do a private channel that is by invitation only that is cheaper to get started!

August 27, 2019 11:21:44 AM
HC - doctor

I would love to see a Roku channel or some other easy way to get the videos on my TV. Until then I'm out! Let me know if you get your own channel.

December 9, 2019 12:43:00 PM
OutsmartBass - doctor

Any news on this?

December 10, 2019 11:16:13 AM
Perryc711 - junior

I'm with the rest of the love to see a app to watch on roku

December 12, 2019 03:57:36 PM
Jason Admin - admin

We're looking into this, but we are currently engaged in developing for other platforms.

December 17, 2019 10:36:19 AM
Brian Postma - doctor

What other platforms? Guessing firestick or AppleTV ?

December 17, 2019 11:20:50 AM
Jason Admin - admin

I'm not able to speak to that point, at the moment, as we are early in development and uncertain that specific platforms will come to fruition, or if what we discover in the specification process moves us toward other platforms.

December 17, 2019 11:24:40 AM
OutsmartBass - doctor

What platform is more inclusive and popular than Roku?
https://www.theverge.com/2019/7/2/20679060/roku-smart-tv-os-streaming-fire-tv-amazon-google-tizen

December 17, 2019 11:27:46 AM
Perryc711 - junior

Be happy with any platform that makes it available on tv
Apple, firestick or roku
I'll buy which ever one you put it on
Just want to be able to watch on TV

December 17, 2019 04:22:08 PM
Adam L. - graduate

With any Mac/iphone/ipad and an Apple TV you can use airplay to watch videos on a TV. The hope here was you could use a roku app to obtain access to watch the videos without needing the Apple TV.

December 17, 2019 11:37:43 PM
CGerm - graduate

I too am hoping for a way to watch BassU videos and seminars on a TV platform (namely through a Roku app). Unfortunately, I am considering dropping my subscription due to the lack of convenience of being able to watch on a larger screened TV. Given the length of some of the seminars (which is a GREAT thing) watching on a phone or laptop is painful. Please provide us paying members with some worthy update as to if this is something you are seriously considering or not. At $15 a month, for all of us subscribers, in this day in age, there is absolutely no reason for you not to be up to date with an option for streaming to TV. I want to end with these comments; I am extremely grateful that BassU exists and I love the content. I am also happy to pay for it, but I am beyond frustrated as it seems BassU is not interested in investing the money needed to make this happen.

January 6, 2020 10:26:20 AM
Jason Admin - admin

The problem is not our willingness to create several avenues for customers to access our content on additional devices, it's the degree to which that technology varies from what we already have in place. In short, it's the "lowest-hanging fruit" scenario. We have many customers asking for support on different devices. While Roku is one of the top devices, the integration with their process could prove to be more challenging and the resulting product leaves Alexa/Apple TV customers asking "What about us?". On the other hand, one of our quickest integration paths will allow us to build one application that will support all mobile devices, which, combined ,have a much greater # of request than any other single platform.
That's not to say that Roku, or any other device is out the window, but with our current staff, we can only really focus on one new technology integration at a time, so we don't have a timeline for when to expect more news about it. While we have lots of loyal subscribers, whom we appreciate and for whom we want to provide features & solutions, we don't have Netflix's employee manpower to quickly deploy those solutions. They take careful planning to go smoothly, and we don't want to also risk having bad user experiences by deploying half-baked solutions.

January 7, 2020 08:57:43 AM
registered guest - graduate

I have to agree w the other members. I love bassu, it would be incredible if it were streamed on Roku. Watching it on a bigger screen would allow members to watch the seminar and either fish it while streaming or stream the seminar on your tv while you’re purchasing tackle from tacklewherehouse. Just a thought.

January 7, 2020 09:31:00 PM

Bass University Annual Membership Sale