Flurocarbon line breaking regardless of brands....

John V - freshman

I had the same issue for years throwing 15lb invizx on my jigs/texas rigs. I found it's best to choose line based more on diameter than it is "pound test". I opted for the 20lb abrazx a few days back and it's been a complete 180 in terms of durability, hooksets, and being able to get fish away from the docks/brush

September 25, 2020 09:53:35 PM
Bob C - graduate

I use Berkley 100% Floro. 10# and up on baitcasters, 10# and below on spinning gear, I like Berkley but there are a lot of good floro's out there. I've found that the smallest little nick will reduce the strength significantly. Bob

October 13, 2020 02:26:27 PM
PatinParkton - graduate

A year has past since my last rant against fluorocarbon line. I must say I have changed my tune a bit! Pete alerted me to the 40% discount off Sufix lines and I bought 300 yd spools of every pound test from 6 to 25. I adopted Pete's advice on changing line less frequently, but only after using the Sufix Advanced Fluorocarbon for a few weeks and seeing little wear. I can honestly say it's the best non-braid line I have ever used and have about six outfits spooled up with it. Very little memory, long casts, etc to go along with the established benefits touted for the stuff. I'm especially fond of 12 and 14 lb tests. Now, I have not retried any of the big name brands I previously fished, and I would probably have the same negative opinion if I did. But that Sufix Advanced is the real deal and has changed my outlook.

July 29, 2021 07:55:42 PM
Jason Admin - admin

I'm glad you're enjoying the Sufix and the 40% Rapala discount. Once it's back in stock, I can also recommend their performance braid for spinning tackle. No twists and it lasts forever, put about 10' of fluoro leader and you're set for a while. I use 10lb braid and 6-8lb leader.

July 30, 2021 08:52:23 AM

Bass University Annual Membership Sale