Needs Improvements

jeff Tindle - freshman

Every video when they are on the water should show a map of what they are talking about whether points, ledges , humps, etc. Also on prespawn, spawn, post spawn and then summer, fall and winter videos should also shows maps of transition areas and such.

I just joined and am a little disappointed there isn't more of this type stuff. Show a fisherman scanning the lake looking for bass and display the map, SI, DI and sonar.

January 27, 2019 09:22:06 PM

Search for John Crews. Great video of what you want Mapping a new lake. He talks about the set up and "Crewses" around pointing out cover and structure. You could also click on the "categories" tab and scroll down to the Electronics section. Lots of good videos for this category - both on water and lecture. Paul Mueller also has a couple of good on water sonar videos, including fishing what he finds.

January 28, 2019 10:29:04 AM
Jason Admin - admin

Steven, thanks for discussing this. We will make a note to ask the instructors to provide as many visuals in their presentation as possible. Yes, the John Crews video is good. Pete also did one recently on 2d sonar/gps waypoints. Some instructors choose to use map screenshots in their slide presentations and some choose not. There are some seasonal seminars where the instructors have done what you describe. Also, if you haven't seen it, there's a "Download Presentation Slides" button below each seminar, which sometimes contain the information you're requesting.

January 29, 2019 01:05:33 PM
John M Schmitz - graduate

I would also like to know WHEN and WHERE the video is being made. We often hear the instructor say "the lakes around here" and "this time of year." It would help a bit to put the information into context.

February 1, 2019 06:41:53 PM
Jason Admin - admin

We will also look into this. To-date, I believe that all the seminars have been conducted in the BASS/FLW offseason, so for any existing seminar, it's safe to assume that they are in or very near January/February. I'd estimate that 80% of our current seminars were recorded in January. For location, while this is not the most convenient, there is a way to know where they are. If you click on the "Buy Tackle in This Seminar" blue button under the video, the seminar shop pages were setup for the event, so they show the location. We will try to remember to provide this information moving forward.

February 7, 2019 09:57:46 AM

Bass University Annual Membership Sale